Local competitions start in October and culminate at the Regional Championships in May and Nationals in July. In the future, as the sport grows, competitions will take place year round during the school year.
While Ninja is an individual sport, there are many benefits to becoming a team member. Ninja team members will experience training that goes far above regular ninja classes. They will be taught time-saving obstacle techniques, undergo upper body, core and grip strength conditioning and learn the concepts of teamwork, respect and sportsmanship associated with team sports.
Qualifications to Join the Ninja Team:
1. Be at least 6 years old
2. Complete Ninja Level 1 (yellow)
3. Be available to attend team practice in addition to their regular scheduled class(es).
4. Attend a minimum of 5 weeks during the summer session (July – August)
5. Commit to attending (and traveling to) 3 to 4 Ninja competitions per year
6. Commit to attending Regional and National competitions, if qualified
7. Keep tuition current (varies)
Team is a year-round commitment. Participation should be based on a family decision.
Our gyms compete within the Ultimate Ninja Athlete Association, the official Global League of World OCR for Ninja Competitions. UNAA promotes and organizes an international series of obstacle course competitions at Ninja gyms around the world.
Check the UNAA site for competition information!